WHAT DO A SUCCESSFUL PRIME MINISTER AND GREAT PITCH LEADER SHARE IN COMMON?
HOW TO SUCCEED AT THE ‘MOST DANGEROUS JOB AT AN AGENCY’
WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND? INSIGHTS FROM OUR NEW BUSINESS SURVEY
WHY AGENCIES NEED TO PITCH LIKE PIGS
SIR ALEX FERGUSON - A MASTERCLASS IN LEADERSHIP
KEEPING IT REAL - LET'S NOT FORGET IN-PERSON MARKETING
THE TOOLS OF PERSUASION - Part One
How to Create Pitch-Winning Stories
'Fair Witness' - An Essential New Business Skill: How it Improves our Business Decisions & Professional Relationships
HOW TO GET PROCUREMENT FRIENDLY
NEW BUSINESS COMES DOWN FROM THE TREES
HOW TO CREATE A WINNING NEW BUSINESS PLAN - PART TWO
Perfecting Pitch Skills
HOW TO BE A SUCCESSFUL PRESENTER - USE MORE C WORDS
Improving The Odds
Any Room in the Cheap Seats?
Win the Chemistry
ALL OUR EVENTS FOR 2014
BATTING ORDER IN PITCHES - DOES IT MATTER?
HOW TO POSITION YOUR AGENCY TO ATTRACT NEW BUSINESS PROSPECTS
CREDIT FOR YOUR CREDENTIALS
Walking the Right Side of Stalking?
Is Marketing the New Black?
Referrals as a Prospecting Strategy
How to be great at presentations
Data is the New Oil? No...Data is the New Soil!
Not A Work Of Art
Happy St Lubbock's Day?
3 ways agencies can succeed in social
Pitch Like Pigs
Two Ears One Mouth Selling
How To Grow Your Existing Clients - And why it’s so important
Your agency is at least 5 times more likely to win new business from your existing clients than new clients. And yet, most agencies fail to approach this significant area of potential growth with the same rigour and vigour as a new client opportunity.
Moreover, it’s not a choice – given the first 6-12 months of any new client revenue will be offset against the cost of winning it, you will only achieve profitable growth if you can successfully grow your new business wins into established, long-term, growing clients.
So given its importance, here are some tips for New Business people who want to engage their Client Leaders /Account Directors in growing their Agency’s existing clients:
1. Help them recognise the importance of New Business to the Agency. Tell them if they have any aspirations to lead an agency one day, they will need to be able to grow one! It is definitely in their interest to develop these skills.
2. You need to give your client teams insights into the New Business market place so they understand what the Agency is up against
3. It’s important to share your New Business plan with the agency and to make clear the role of organic growth within that plan. You need to have targets and numbers for growing your existing clients that everyone commits to.
4. Remember what was said at the outset of this blog, you are 5 times more likely to win new business from existing clients. Make sure that the Agency knows this!
5. Tell them that client growth needs to be planned for and not prayed for.
6. Equip them with the New Business tools that you use for winning new business from new clients and apply them to winning new business from existing clients.
7. Look at your ideal client profile – are your existing clients still aligned?
8. Ask the Agency’s client teams to write up their growth opportunities. You’ll have to overcome the hurdle that people are reluctant to share their ideas - as this may expose them and make them think they will be adding to their workload if asked to pursue these opportunities. Ideally, these ideas should be on 1 side of A4 and include the what, why, how and how much.
9. Give open access to your marketing plan – ask them to help you leverage its value to existing clients.
10. Hold regular review meetings with the Management Team. You need to get buy-in from the start and ensure that senior management recognizes the importance of these meetings.
11. Reward success! If someone wins a new piece of business from an existing client, make sure they are rewarded and that they are seen to be rewarded by the rest of the Agency.
For a detailed understanding of how to grow your existing clients, with a focus on actionable strategies -
Join our Client Growth Skills Day
16th June 2016 at Wallacespace, Covent Garden, WC2E 9NA
“The day provided me with a number of very practical and effective methods to utilize in my daily role as a senior client lead. I’d recommend this course to anyone with a senior agency client services role”.
Keeley Lee, Group Account Director BJL
The JFDI Client Growth Skills Day is designed to provide client-facing agency individuals with both the motivation and skills to grow their clients. We’ll equip them with tools to spot, develop and convert opportunities. They’ll leave with at least one actionable ‘Go Grow’ plan for one of their existing clients.
To book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org